Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Quick interface update per user feedback

Release 4.2.1

A thanks to user J.G. who wrote: "'Im a software engineer, not a chemist. Approaching this website with just memory from a basic college chemistry class many years ago, so "helpful/not helpful" is more like "what parts felt natural to use/easy to understand". That said, this is so well done that I actually opted into a survey about a website. Great software. Sorry I'm not proficient enough in the subject to offer much suggestion, but a point that slowed me down starting to try to make a molecule was that I saw carbon underneath the editor and first could not figure out how to drag that in to start (rather than starting with a skeleton on the left. Tutorial cleared that right up, though. If I have to start with a skeleton, perhaps hide the "Additions" section or make it look visibly disabled until a skeleton is used." 


I hope you don't mind me sharing your review! Per feedback, the additions panel now actually IS visibly disabled until the molecule has been created by first giving it a primary skeleton. This feedback is EXACTLY what we're looking for. Keep it coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

OChemdle

In light of the recent popularity of games such as Wordle and its offshoots (Worldle, Octordle, Semantle, Redactle, etc), a conversation beg...